martes, 11 de enero de 2011

The Simple Life

Today is the last day of relaxing and enjoying Ciudad Colon before we actually are forced to have responsibilities (not that I even remotely mind being "forced" to go to a stunningly beautiful campus and meet interesting people from around the world). But, as Nik and I were discussing last night, coming down here has been a great reminder of how nice it is to slow down.

I have no cell phone, and might keep it that way. I don't think I realized how much stress the crackberry adds to life, constantly seeing emails come in, texts, etc. Now, I can check email a couple of times a day and still be completely adequately plugged in to the rest of the world.

How long will this no cell phone resolve last? I mean let's be honest, probably until my Spanish gets good enough for me to successfully execute the purchase of a disposable one. (And I'm amazed at how quickly it is coming along, I'm far from intense political debates, but I can manage a lot of daily life pretty competently. The main challenge is not mixing with French which I have been doing a lot (especially with numbers for some reason).)

But, hopefully I'll maintain some of my simple life throughout the semester.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario